Search This Blog

email: bernard.english@gmail.com

website: https://sites.google.com/site/taipeibm/
PLEASE INFORM ME OF ANY BROKEN LINKS!

Bernard M -- Taipei English Tutor

Bernard M - English Conversation / TOEFL / IELTS 一對一英文會話

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

When All Else Fails, Blaming the Patient Often Comes Next By RICHARD A. FRIEDMAN, M.D FROM The New York Times

"I met one such patient not long ago, a man in his early 30s, who had suffered from depression since his teenage years. In six years of psychotherapy, he had been given nearly every antidepressant under the sun, but his mood hadn’t budged.

Weeping in my office one day, he explained that he was depressed because he was a failure and a whiner. “Even my therapist agreed with me,” he said. 'She said that maybe I don’t want to get better.' ”

Follow by Email

Followers